{

Friday, August 14, 2009

Inspiration: Plum and pale pink

My inspiration for this color splash came from a photo I took on one of our trips to London - I love the plated gold accents in this photo and it lead me to think of a rich, yet subtle pairing: plum and pale pink. Think tea party and pearls! Pair delicate fabrics with ruffled flowers like peonies and hydrangeas for a romantic feel. Utilize traditional fine china like this set from Vera Wang to create a whimsical, yet traditional table.
Bridesmaids or party dresses in tea length is perfect in any shade of lighter purple, like this one from J. Crew. The table setting photo came from theknot.com - the top left photo is one I took - invitation by our lovely partner in the Good Life Collection - Izzy Girl. The cocktail ring and necklace are from my personal collection; as is the pale pink fabric.
Whether you utilize this color splash inspiration for a garden tea party or a wedding, have fun and happy planning!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails